Apprentice Low Voltage
We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic apprentice to join our team. The apprentice's responsibilities include learning and developing practical skills on and offsite. Offsite you will train under a licensed Massachusetts Class D Low Voltage technician and learn about Pulsar’s maintenance of Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, Surveillance Cameras, Audio/Video, Home Automation systems and Fire Sprinkler Systems. You will learn how to install systems and perform preventive maintenance for our clients. You should be well-organized, flexible, and willing to assist wherever possible. To be successful as an apprentice, you must have great time management skills and be willing to fit into the existing staff structure. Outstanding apprentices are those who respond well to criticism, build good relationships with colleagues, and ultimately make a lasting impression. Pulsar will also pay for continuing education programs!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain a neat /clean, and professional appearance that reflects well on the Company and clients.
- You will learn how to:
- Document results, product developments, and goal achievements.
- Monitor the flow of materials and assembly and ensure compliance with quality assurance guidelines.
- Meet OSHA requirements and proper documentation techniques.
- Install and maintain Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, Surveillance Cameras, Audio/Video, Home Automation, Fire Sprinkler systems etc.
- Cut, thread or groove pipes to specifications using tools such as saws, pipe threaders, and pipe groovers.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, or other security features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Prepare accurate and legible documents, such as work orders or inspection reports.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Practical constructions knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Frequently required to stand
· Frequently required to walk
· Occasionally required to sit
· Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
· Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
· Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
· Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
· Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
· Occasionally work in high, precarious places
· Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
· Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- IRA with 3% match
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to pass a background check?
- Do you have reliable transportation to work?
- Do you have a clean driving record?
Work Location: On the road